There comes a time when you eventually find the time to get down to THE 'things to do list' and that time seems to have arrived!
Rick has restored a fence separating our back garden (or yard) with our lovely neighbours. I did offer to help but as there was only one post hole spade and Rick did seem very keen I thought I'd let him get on with it while I supplied cups of tea and encouragement. At appropriate intervals I offered my help and eventually my offer was taken up, when Rick realised he had not got enough clamps to hold the panels in place. I soon realised I was not strong enough to hold the panels in place using just my arms. Much to Ricks mirth, once the panel was level I had to throw myself against it to hold it against the posts while he fixed it into position... very funny!
The next project, which didn't require any in put from me was re-hanging the gate.
All this is the start of getting ready to rent this place out so we can move to Naracoorte so we are there ready for when ever the build will start.
All very exciting.
Mean while I am still surprised on a daily basis how much the potatoes grow, not long now till they should be ready. The herbs and lettuce are doing really well in their portable beds.
And for something completely different....
In the last month or so I've also been involved with a free on line course run by Flinders University (one of the local Unis here). The course is to do with Mental Wealth and the promotion of it.
I had become aware through my work in the UK and a lot of people who have come into my life that there quite a few people who had been or were suffering from a mental illness of some kind. I thought it was about time I learnt more about what it may be like to walk in their shoes. Through doing this course I have become far more aware of the many different aspects which involve mental wealth.
Sadly there are still a lot of myths, stigma and misunderstandings regarding these illnesses which affect more of us than the more talked about diseases. There is also, thankfully a lot more help available but more awareness needs to be raised and perceptions changed. This will enable more people with a mental illness to receive the appropriate help.
The subject is VAST to say the least but so very interesting and as with anything the more you learn you realise the more there is to learn.
No comments:
Post a Comment