Wednesday, 20 November 2013

Enough Said

Enough said is a lovely film which Rick and I went to see in a dear little traditional cinema just 10 minutes up the road from where we live.  The seats are comfy, no smell of popcorn just the occasional rustle of someone trying to get into their Choctop.  Choctops are chocolate topped ice-creams and a great favourite here.  The cinema is a twenties style building, it has grace and charm in abundance, an old world feel and a great atmosphere.

As the weather is warming up so is the mad hurtle towards Christmas.  There have been a couple of Christmas Pageants, which sadly I've managed to miss, a great shame because I have never seen one before.  I can not imagine how uncomfortable it must be for Santa Claus all togged up in his traditional Northern Hemisphere outfit and big white beard parading around the streets in temperatures over 20!  The shops are a little more crowded than normal, all the decorations are very tasteful.  But still not all the shops are playing Xmas tunes there are only a couple of adverts on the TV which refer to Christmas.  It is so nice to be almost at the end of November and not be fed up with the Christmas hype yet.

Pomegranates are now in the shops alongside delicious juicy mangoes, strawberries, blueberries and the stone fruits, nectarines, peaches, all of which are grown here.  Deep joy....

Poinsettias and Amaryllis are in flower, traditional Xmas flowers but the difference is here they are in garden borders. I have never before seen Amaryllis growing outside and they are magnificent planted in groups in a border.

One of the more senior  ladies from Tai Chi came dashing into class the other day announcing she had spent the day getting ready for Christmas and hunting out the durex!!  I was amazed and for a few minutes admired her stamina and joie de vivre until I realised that durex is sellotape here... thank goodness I didn't laugh out loud and then have to explain myself.

The Jacaranda trees are now in full flower lining the roads they look incredible and create a fragrant and stunning cloud of purple to walk under.

And last but not least when I walked to the shops the other day I noticed a 'Scout Recycling' bin in a carpark, aside from being cruel to Scouts I do think that is taking recycling to extremes!


No comments:

Post a Comment