I think I mentioned a while back about an invitation to all Naracoorte 'Crafters' to make a tea cosy of their choice out of whatever they wanted. There were three categories, Knitted and Crochet, Fabric and Wacky. All entries were put on display in the Naracoorte Art Gallery with little boxes beside them for visitors to use coins to vote on.
A Mad Hatters Tea Party was held and all the cosies were judge by Trevor Smith a tea cosy maker extraordinaire, photos of his creations at the end. It was a brilliant fund raiser for the local Longridge Aged Care Village and by the end of the display they have raised almost $2000. The art gallery have declared the exhibition to be the most visited ever. All fantastic news, I thought I'd share the photo's I took of the display... quite amazing where peoples imaginations take them.......
| This cosy was made from wool hand sheared by the makers husband, spun and then knitted by Leanne. |
No comments:
Post a Comment