Which is exactly what we felt at the weekend especially when Robert tried to point out a couple of Frog Mouth owls roosting in one of our gums. It took an age, and a lot of patience from Robert for us to finally spot them.
For ages now we'd spotted a few owl pellets around the place but have never seen the owls until now, what a treat. They stay like this, stock still throughout the day fantastically camouflage and the other birds leave them alone.
With Roberts help we also found two Magpie nests high up in the gums near the biggest shed. Hopefully if they do decide to raise their chicks here they will realise we are not a threat and won't dive bomb us in the spring!
And I spotted a couple of Galahs near the hollow of one of the old gums near the veg patch. One was supervising the other which was struggling to drag a recalcitrant leaved twig into the hole. As soon as they realised I was watching they stopped and watched me, so I left them to it. Later I noticed they had invited their mates over, perhaps for a nest warming party.
We've also taken Fred out for a run... he loves to run along side the car normally just ahead of it. It is amazing to see him accelerate.This day he just ran and ran and ran and finally signalling he'd had enough by laying down in this huge puddle. Happiness is....
Just ahead of the puddle two curious deer came out for a look... Fred was too puffed out to even bother looking at them...
There is so much more to tell but I'm going to have to save that for another time or this will never get posted.
Ooroo!
No comments:
Post a Comment