We are embracing life here, taking things as they come and slowly getting into the rhythms of living in a rural area. The shops here are very good and stock most things but there are occasions when they don't have what you need. So a trip to a larger town is planned, lists made, it turns into a bit of an outing and reminds me of times gone by. Thank goodness we no longer travel by horse and cart but then I guess our lives would reflect the times and making do would be the go.
We are getting used to planning our day whilst out on our walk and quite often 1/2 hour later find ourselves doing something completely different. It is great fun and very liberating living life this way, to be recommended I think.
While at the block the other day Robert found this little beauty, gave it to Rick who covered it with his hands and put it on mine. I had no idea what he was giving me and my imagination was working over time when I felt it's feet make contact!! I found I could breath again when I discovered it was this enormous moth, what a beauty, and what a relief.
I thought you'd like a quick up date on the 'Dunny', well we now have a flushing loo
Ad we have a 'new' door lock which makes getting in and out so much easier.
It's all looking very posh at the block these days.
More trees have been planted, we now have walnut trees, a beautifully scented Lemon Gum, it's incredible and the smell makes my mouth water, a Tea Tree and a Pomegranate. All so far are doing very well and are putting up with the bore water. Thankfully the cooler temperatures are helping too.
We took a day off and went to visit a really lovely nursery in a neighbouring town. I may have told you about the Amber Ridge before? The couple who run it have a passion for growing things, Mr Amber Ridge grows plants and sells them wholesale also stocking the nursery. Mrs Amber Ridge lives to cook and runs a cafe producing delicious food which is always a pleasure to eat. They are part of the WOOFER group offering food and lodging for travelers in exchange for their help at the farm and nursery. So we had to support them and of course stop for a bite to eat.
This is a 'Manwich' an incredible creation, Rick did very well, impressively catching and eating most of it before it slid onto the table. It kept him full for quite a while!
I had a more modest but very delicious salad made mostly from produce grown by them. Two very contented round tummies later we were wending our way home with two really beautiful River She Oaks.... more trees for the block.
My last bit of news this week is this chicken, it was labelled special but not until I opened the packet did I realise just how special it was. I had to laugh when 4 extra legs fell out.. I've never brought a 6 legged chicken before! But also how refreshing the weight was made up with meat rather than rubbish which couldn't be eaten.
No comments:
Post a Comment