Monday, 14 October 2013

A little late......

I was supposed post this blog last week..... it is a little late.... so sorry.  Not much happened so I'll keep this brief.

I got very confused when the clocks changed.... where ever you are in the world in spring the clocks spring forward an hour.  Expect, it seems, when you still have Northern Hemisphere thinking about October really being Autumn!  Hmmmm....

Luckily my clever phone and laptop knew which way to go without any directions from me.  Then I confused myself trying to work out the time difference with the UK, as the UK clocks don't change till the end of the month and then they 'fall back'.  Through all this it seems the two places remain 9.30 hours different.  I discovered that it really doesn't help to try and work it through logically.

Its fledgling and learner bird season.  The honey eater family have kept me very amused with their noisy feeding sessions.  It seems who ever shouts the loudest gets fed first.  There was a report on the radio about Laughing Magpies being very protective with their young.  This is the time of year you have to prepare for perhaps being buzzed by these rather large birds.  Some people wear extraordinary headgear (and I just thought people were being eccentric).  Occasionally there have been very serious attacks and injuries caused, so if you're ever visiting at this time of year and a Maggie faces up to you it's always best to give it a very wide birth.

Ooroo!

No comments:

Post a Comment